After the overwhelming response I got following the delicious chocolate avocado cake recipe I posted, we have found another healthy dessert to satisfy your chocolate cravings – chocolate coconut bars! And once again, this comes with the seal of approval from my trainer Luka so it’s basically guilt-free too (you’re welcome). It’s a hard job trying all of these recipes but someone’s got to do it!
The bars are a mixture between rocky road and tiffin cake and I’m utterly obsessed. It’s all natural, low-carb, gluten free and is also no-bake so you hardly have to wait at all before you can dig right in!
Of course, I am no chef so this recipe is from primaverakitchen.com – I highly recommend checking out some more of their treats, many of which are tailored to specific diets.
1 cup 100% pure peanut butter
1 ¼ cups sugar-free chocolate chips
1 tablespoon natural sweetener or honey
½ cup unrefined coconut oil (in solid form as it will melt)
1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut (save some for the topping)
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 cup walnuts
1 cup unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter, chocolate, sweetener and coconut oil
- Heat it at 50% power for 1 minute
- Remove from the microwave and stir
- Return the bowl to the microwave and repeat, stopping to stir every 15 seconds until the mixture is completely melted
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir until they are well-combined
- Pour in to an 8×8 inch removable bottom pan. Top with shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. It takes about 4 hours.
- Slice in to square pieces, and store in the refrigerator.
And there you have it – easy! Let me know what else you’d like to see on my blog – comment below.